Tuesday 3 June 2014

Intro

Dear family, friends, and my beloved students,

Without further ado, this is my attempt to document my first trip off the North American continent.


Destination: EUROPE




I apologize it took so long to get my first entry in, but it has been a whirlwind since I landed in Oslo, Norway and I am only getting a chance to sit down and write about it now.  I plan to make an entry for each day of my trip.

Now a little background on how this trip materialized...

On May 27th, the day before I left, an old university classmate of mine offered up a round-trip ticket to Europe.  Apparently he had purchased a non-refundable ticket and ended up unable to go on the trip and so his misfortune became my good luck.  Having never made the trip, I was extremely interested in taking him up on the offer and so began my scramble to tie up loose-ends back at home in California.  I had only one day to prepare and things were clearly going to be happening on the fly. But hey, YOLO!

And so, on May 28th I boarded a plane for Oslo and so it began...




No comments:

Post a Comment